License Code ONLY - no physical shipment
It's time to redefine your expectations of RIP software. Complicated color management workflows and tedious CMYK ICC profiling are no longer necessary to get high-end print quality and accurate color proofs. Overdrive 2 works its magic on top of your printer's driver and RGB media profiles to make accurate color both automatic and effortless.
Overdrive is a PostScript RIP that uses new advances in color management and printing technology to deliver high-end color, accurate proofing and Pantone matching for any inkjet printer. Support for any paper is immediately available due to the universal nature of Overdrive's color management.
New features in version 2
Overdrive 2 has been completely rewritten as a 64-bit Cocoa application for Mac OS X 10.6 and later. Overdrive now takes full advantage of the multi-core processors in today's machines, so processing is significantly faster. A new visual interface lets you preview the selected file, and the Job List now contains scalable thumbnails. Proofing accuracy and text quality are improved with version 2. Overdrive Layout is included with every license of Overdrive.
Accurate CYMK proofing — no CMYK media profiles necessary!
• Automatically print an IDEAlliance color bar with each job for easy proof verification using your X-Rite device
• Internal testing shows Overdrive 2 consistently achieves a Delta E(ab) average of 0.8 or lower from an IT8.7/4 target on Epson and Canon printers, well within industry standards of 1.5 maximum average
PANTONE Color Matching
• ColorBurst Overdrive includes the full licensed PANTONE Color Library
• ColorBurst's AutoSpot™ technology greatly improves the accuracy of Pantone colors
• All colors are handled automatically during processing
Overdrive Layout included
• Overdrive Layout is included as a separate application at no additional cost with all Overdrive licenses
• Use Overdrive Layout to nest, crop, rotate, or step and repeat images with crop marks, colored borders, and image annotations
• Refit images in a layout based on "better fit" or "fewer cuts"
• Files are processed through Overdrive first for color management
• Overdrive includes a "Render to Layout" queue that can be printed to from any application, or drop files into a hot folder for automated file processing
• Overdrive Layout includes a 15-day demo to try with Overdrive
Full PostScript and Raster File Support in Overdrive
• EPS, PS, and PDF files
• RGB, CMYK, and grayscale 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit support for TIFF (LZW compression is supported), JPEG, J2K, BMP, PNG
• Camera RAW, Photoshop® PSD
Black Point Compensation
• Adobe black point compensation built-in
• Output matches Adobe Photoshop exactly, so Photoshop users get expected results from Overdrive without the hassle of setting Photoshop's color settings and print dialog for output
Input ICC Profiles
• Overdrive has separate Input ICC Profile settings for RGB, CMYK, and grayscale images
• Any ICC input profile can be utilized with one of 4 different rendering intents
• An option to use embedded profiles can be turned on or off
Output ICC Profiles
• Overdrive uses RGB output profiles
• Overdrive can use any paper manufacturer's RGB ICC profiles
• Custom RGB ICC profiles are much faster to make than CMYK profiles used by other RIPs, and can be made using profiling software that typically comes with spectrophotometers
• New visual interface in Overdrive 2 offers includes a Preview and scalable thumbnails in the Job List
• Files and folders can be dropped directly into the Job Manager, opened from the File Open menu, placed or saved to the optional Hot Folder, or even dropped on the Overdrive application icon
• Jobs can be reordered, deleted, or placed on hold to be processed later
Print from Applications
• Print directly from image-editing and layout applications, such as Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
• Select the Overdrive printer from in the Print dialog to send files directly to Overdrive Job Manager
• Print to the Overdrive Hot Folder locally or across a network
• Automatically scan the Hot Folder at a user-defined interval
Multiple License Support
• Activate multiple licenses within Overdrive to print from multiple Job Queues simultaneously
• Each license publishes its own Bonjour printer and has a separate hot folder
• Licenses can be deactivated and moved to different computers independently of each other
• Run up to four licenses on one computer
must have a print driver for Mac OS X 10.6-10.11
Mac OS X 10.6-10.11 is required. Mac OS X Server 10.6-10.11 is also supported.
Intel Mac required (PowerPC G5 and G4 are not supported). Note: first generation Mac Mini (Core Duo) is not supported
4 GB minimum, 8 or more recommended
Download Brochure HERE
Mac OS X delivery: After your purchase, you will receive your receipt and two serial numbers by email to activate Overdrive and Overdrive Layout. Overdrive is available for download only (install CDs are not available).